healthy young woman stretching before Fitness and Exercise; adult; athlete; athletic; beautiful; beauty; body; caucasian; diet; energy; exercise; female; fit; fitness; fresh; girl; happy; health; healthy; jogging; leg; leisure; lifestyle; model; morning; muscle; nature; outdoor; outside; park; people; person; recreation; relax; relaxation; run; runner; shape; slim; smile; sport; stretch; summer; training; vitality; woman; workout; young

Losing weight is challenging for most. This is just one of the reasons we have such a huge epidemic of obesity in the US. But, if the strategies to lose and keep the weight off were simple, and things anyone could do, wouldn’t it be much easier on those trying to lose and keep weight off? Of course. These are a few simple tips anyone can follow to attain the success they desire, and finally lose it and keep it off.

1. Commit –
If you aren’t willing to make a commitment and follow through, you aren’t ready to lose the weight. You need to commit to yourself; you can’t do it for others. This is only going to result in failure yet again. Make sure you are ready to lose it, are doing it for yourself, and that you are committed to getting rid of the excess weight. This is the basic starting point to getting started, and to maintaining control, all while staying on track when trying to lose any amount of weight.

2. Find motivation –
Again, you can’t do this for someone else. If you are trying to get back at someone, if you are trying to lose weight for a spouse or family member, or if other alternate motives are present, you won’t stick to it. You have to make a commitment, and you have to be doing this for you. It shouldn’t be for anyone else. You should do it to make yourself healthy, happy, and to feel good about yourself. So you have to find the personal motivation to get you going, and to help you stay on track once you do get started on your journey to lose weight.

3. Make it realistic –
If you tell yourself I need to lose 100 pounds and anything short of this is a failure, you are setting yourself up for failure from day one. Start small. Start with a goal of 5 or 10 pounds. Once you see it coming off, you are going to remain motivated and want to keep moving. Make your goals attainable, those you can stick to, and make sure you give yourself room to fail and fall along the way, as this journey is typically not simple and straightforward.

4. Activity is key –
You have to get and stay active. Yes, the food you consume is about 90% of it; but the other 10% comes from moving. Especially once you reach your goal weight, if you don’t commit to staying active and exercise, it is highly likely you are going to gain it back. So you have to want to move; find something you like. If you hate running, don’t do it as you will quit. From lifting weights to swimming, do something daily, and make sure the activity you choose is something you actually enjoy doing, as this will make it fun, rather than a task you have to do.

Regardless of how much you want or have to lose, at, you can find the resources to help you attain the goals you have set for yourself.