Your mouth can be cared for in a number of different ways. Fillings, dentures and wisdom teeth removal are just three of the ways that a dentist is going to keep your mouth in perfect condition.
However, once the operations have taken place, you will need to have some follow-up appointments. This will be to check that everything is still working perfectly and that you can carry on as normal.
What checks is the dentist going to carry out on your teeth after they have been worked on?
The Dentist Will Check That Your Orthodontic Braces Are Straightening Your Teeth
You can have orthodontic braces installed in order to straighten out any of your crooked teeth. This can be inserted and removed at will.
- What Will The Dentist Do? The dentist will check to see how straight your teeth are and they will inspect the orthodontic braces to check that they are still in prime condition. This inspection can be performed whenever you request it.
The Dentist Will Check That Your Filling Is Still In Place
Fillings can be used as part of dental care in Nottingham to plug holes in teeth and to stop nerves from becoming exposed after root canal surgery.
- What Will The Dentist Do? The dentist will install a filling and then they are going to inspect the filling at a later date. They will check to see that the filling is still firmly in place and that it is in perfect condition. This inspection can be performed whenever you request it.
The Dentist Will Check That Your Teeth Are Free Of Plaque
Your teeth may have developed a buildup of plaque that is then scraped off and flossed away by the dentist. Then a follow-up appointment can be arranged at a time that suits you.
- What Will The Dentist Do? The dentist will inspect the teeth thoroughly to make sure that all of the plaque has been scraped away properly and that it has not returned. They will ask you about your brushing and flossing habits.
The Dentist Will Check That Your Gumshield Still Fits
You may have had some work done on your teeth so that a gum shield can fit properly. Teeth may have been straightened or replaced.
- What Will The Dentist Do? The dentist will check the alignment of your teeth and they will check that the gum shield can still fit perfectly into your mouth without causing you any discomfort.
The Dentist Will Check That Your Implants Are Still Working Correctly
Implants can be installed in your gum line if some of your teeth happen to fall out.
- What Will The Dentist Do? The dentist will inspect the gum line and the implants to see that everything is working perfectly and your mouth is healthy.
The dentist can perform a variety of checks when you are having a follow-up appointment. They will be able to check that your teeth and mouth are in perfect condition.