We all prefer a flawless, glowing skin and put in a lot of effort for getting the same. A lot of our time and money is spent in skincare on a regular basis. Starting from cleansing our face in the morning to rubbing a night cream before going to bed- we leave no stones unturned in pampering our skin. But, as we travel, the journey, as well as the change in climate, seems to spoil everything!
So here are a few tips that will help you to protect your skin while you travel:
- Rehydrate the Skin: A long distance journey may dehydrate your skin to a large extent by absorbing a lot of moisture from it. So, it is better to carry a moisturizer with you and apply it at regular time intervals especially if you are travelling by air or an air-conditioned train compartment. This is because staying in an air-conditioned atmosphere for long makes your skin dry.
- Apply Sunscreen: No matter wherever you are going and what kind of climatethe place has, it is necessary to apply sunscreen before you start off! Most of us have the wrong habit of applying the sunscreen the moment before you step out. But this is not the right way of applying it since the skin takes time to absorb it properly. So, apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before you move out of your home.
- Carry your skin care kit: It is essential that you carry your skincare kit consisting of the different products that you will require to keep your skin refreshed throughout the journey. This must include a cleanser so that you can wash off all the dust and dirt from your face from time to time. Suppose, you are travelling by In this case, as soon as the train reaches your destination, go to the washroom and cleanse your face thoroughly with a hydrating cleanser. You should also carry a hand cream, moisturizer, and a lip balm.
- Skin Serums: This is a part of your pre-travel skin treatments. Incorporate serums into your skincare routine so that you may prevent any kind of reactions in your skin.
- Exfoliate the Skin: Say, you are travelling by air. So, in this case, after your flight lands, you should exfoliate your skin with proper care in order to remove the layer of dust and dirt that accumulates on the skin.
- Drink Plenty of Water and Eat Healthy of Food: Modification in the normal diet is one of the prime reasons why your skin looks stressed and aged while you are travelling. So, try to have food at the time that you are used to. Also, drink plenty of water to rehydrate your skin.
All these will help you to protect your skin as you travel and keep your glamour intact! Just carry the right things and use them in the right way….