Cleansing is very important step for a clear and rejuvenated and younger looking skin. An individual’s skin is the major part of human body that is exposed to sunlight and dirt. Therefore, to maintain a healthy and flawless skin regular cleansing routine is very essential. Cosmetic market is full of products claiming generous cleansing for every type of skin. A good selection is necessary to avoid the side effects of the chemicals present in beauty products. Most of the beauty care products are very expensive and does not provide the claimed results. Therefore, an intelligent selection of the skin care products is primarily important according to the skin type of an individual. In this article we will provide few simple cleaning tips for the people having oily skin.
It is good to know that people blessed with oily skin have the advantage of looking younger for larger period of time rather than the other skin type individuals. Because in dry skin aging signs e.g. wrinkles, fine lines appear in early age. But if oily skin is not properly cleansed it can lead to multiple major problems including acne and pimples. People having oily skin often complaint of shiny looking face and meltdown of makeup. There are several reasons of oily skin such as poor face cleansing regime, weather changes, hormonal changes in females, use of inappropriate skin care products and in some people it is in their family. Excessive use of medications and stress and depression can also have a bad impact on skin and skin becomes very oily or very dry.
People with oily skin mostly complaint greasy and dirty skin after few hours of shower or face wash. Makeup doesn’t last for longer time on oily skin and ladies have to reapply it multiple times a day. Oily skin acts as a magnet to dust and dirt which tends to block skin pores producing blackheads, pimples and later on acne.
How to take care of oily skin
Oily skin is a blessing if cleansed and cared properly. A regular cleansing regime is a must to maintain fresh healthy looking skin.
- People with oily skin should wash face multiple times a day to maintain fresh looking skin. For washing lukewarm water should be preferred as it removes all the dust and impurities from face more easily than cold water and it prevents the production of blackheads and pores blockage.
- Regular skin cleansing twice a day is very important for oily skin. Skin cleansing and washing products should be selected with care. A good cleanser does not disturb the PH balance of the skin. Do not use excessive cleansing products because these can leave your skin over dry.
- Try to use skin care products including Neem, Turmeric, Honey, Salicylic acid, Honey, Tea tree oil etc. A gel based skin cleanser is a good choice for oily skin that can deep cleanse skin and prevent pores blockage. As a result pimples and acne problems don’t hit the oily skin.
- Scrubbing is important to exfoliate dead and clogged skin layer. Gentle scrubbing is good but harsh scrubbing can lead to skin rashes and other problems. Scrubbing will remove dead skin layer and eliminate the dull and dirty appearance and excessive sebum on skin. It is important to know that excessive and harsh scrubbing can destroy skin natural oils and natural moisture.
- Natural face masks and face packs should be frequently applied on the skin to maintain a healthy glow. Face masks are capable to maintain a supple skin and remove bacteria’s. Face masks having fuller earth and sandalwood powder are good choice to remove extra oil and cooling effect on the skin as well as honey and lemon are also good choice to remove extra dirt and fresh appearance.
- An appropriate skin toner should be used every day after cleansing that can remove impurities and dust residues from the skin after cleaning and tend to stop oil production for some time.
- Moisturizing is also very important for oily skin. After cleansing a good water based moisturizer should be applied to maintain and healthy and nourished skin appearance. If a proper moisturizer is not applied oily skin glands will tend to produce more oil to make skin appearing oilier. So moisturizing is a must for every type of skin.
- People having oily skin should avoid sun and dust exposure. Excessive sun rays and dust can lead to multiple acne related problems on oily skin. An appropriate sun block should be used if sun exposure is necessary.
- Vitamin C is really good for fresh ad healthy appearance of the oily skin. Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C are good choice to eat and apply on skin to remove extra oil. E.g. Lemon, Orange etc. and can provide a glowing skin.
Natural Cleansing Masks for oily skin
Here are few herbal face masks and packs to cleanse oily skin:
- Honey and Apple Face Pack: Take a crushed apple. Add 3 tablespoons of honey in it. Apply on face for 20 minutes. It is a very good pack for removing extra face oil and get a fair skin.
- Mango Pack: Mango can act as a deep cleanse facial for oily skin. It removes all dust, impurities and clogged pores from the skin. Take a ripped mango pulp to apply and massage on skin for ten minutes. You will be amazed after watching the results. Apply it once or twice a week for better result.
- Aloe Vera and Oatmeal Scrub: Aloe Vera has been praised for its medicinal qualities for years. It is really very good choice to maintain the natural oil of skin. Take a small cup of oats. Mix some Aloe Vera gel and massage on face for 15 minutes. Repeat this process for once a week to get prominent results. It is very good scrub to treat sun tanned skin and multiple skin infections. Aloe Vera also helps to control pimples and cure Acne skin.
Hope these tips are useful for you via all means to get yourself glowing and healthy skin type.
Table of Contents
Beth Martel is a mother of two, a medical professional and a humalitarian. She regularly blogs at HealthyRecharge.com.